Well here I am, writing my very first blog 😮
I asked my daughter what she thought would make a good topic, and she suggested:
10 Random Facts about Me
... so here goes ...
- I'm a proud Geordie, born and bred in Newcastle upon Tyne - though I've not lived there since the early 1970s. I still consider beautiful Northumberland my home county.
- I fell seriously in love with wild flowers aged twelve, when making a pressed flower collection was a summer holiday project set by my biology teacher. I've never lost that love, and part of me yearns to study botany properly.
- My middle finger, right hand is a little short, with a curvy damaged nail due to an accident involving a deckchair when I was five. I have a lasting fear of deckchairs.
- I have always enjoyed singing and performing - in my fantasy life, I'm an opera diva . . . or a musical theatre star . . . or a great Shakespearean actress . . .
- I can spend hours pottering on a beach looking for seashell treasure. Until recently I'd only keep perfect shells - now I search for ones with a hole, or that can be somehow sewn into my stitcheries.
- I'm an obsessive collector of stuff. Oddest thing I've collected? Back in the days before supermarkets, pieces of fruit came from the greengrocer individually wrapped in squares of tissue paper which often had the most beautiful designs on them - the grower's logo I suppose. Anyway I collected these - carefully ironed (cool iron!) and mounted those lovely central images. My granddaughter, at least, thinks this is bizarre.
- I'm a Francophile.
- I have earned a small collection of letters after my name . . . BA, MA, PGCE . . .
- I love the smell of coffee, but rarely drink it - tea is my cup of choice.
- I hate picking a favourite anything - so don't ask me what my favourite book / poet / confectionery / flower / band is - you'll always get a list!
I'd love to hear any suggestions you have for future blog posts - just leave a comment or drop me an email.